Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's June for crying out loud!

Less than 24 hours after the NBA Finals Championship game, I'm being entertained with college basketball bracketology.

College basketball!

Don't get me wrong, I love the hardwood probably just as much as anyone else in Kentucky. But it is June. It's officially summer. I'm ready for dirt track racing, NASCAR, golf and sunny vacations. Basketball is such a consuming sport, so I can't help but enjoy my vacation from it.

Talk about football season isn't even going as hot fired as it should be. Camps open up in late July/early August and I've heard nary a word about the teams.

I'm just not to a mental state where I can contemplate hoops hoopla.

Anybody else not ready for basketball?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I lived in Barlow 'lo these many years ago, we played basketball for 9 months of the year; rain or snow. Then there was baseball for 3 in the summer. Football was a phantom game played elsewhere. It is funny how basketball could entertain us endlessly. But, as a pro sport, I agree - leave me be for these (supposedly) warm, outside-time months. Don't the players want to disappear from the spotlight for awhile?