Monday, November 10, 2008

Who's excited?

Murray State men's basketball opens up its season Tuesday night against Bethel College in an exhibition game.

I'm excited for two reasons.

1.) It's the start of basketball season which, other than dirt track racing, is God's sport.

2.) I briefly thought of going to Bethel College because of family and religious relations. Bethel is supported by my church denomination, Cumberland Presbyterian, and I have a slew of family to graduate from there. My dad, who I seem to be talking a lot about lately, attended for one year in the late 1950s and played basketball for them as a freshman.

His thoughts on Bethel? "I couldn't play on the B team in high school, but I started at Bethel."

Take that as you will.

It's a 7 p.m. tipoff. Totally pumped to be hitting the hardwood.

No comments: