Friday, January 9, 2009

Paint the Town Pink


The Murray and Calloway County girls basketball teams warming up for the rivalry game at Calloway County.

If there is a "Pink" theme going in somewhere in the country, you know I'm a supporter.

Some of you know my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was in junior high. Anytime I can support a breast cancer awareness night, I'll go out of my way to help.

Friday night's cross-town rivalry between Murray and Calloway County high schools was no different.

Seeing the men, women and youngsters wearing pink almost made me cry tonight. I wish there were more folks wearing pink, but the rivalry took over the need to wear school colors. The Calloway student section was clad in it, though.

Although in the picture, they look red, I did have sparkly pink shoes. And a fuzzy pink sweater. And a sparkly pink ring. Oh, and earrings, too. I did my part.

No comments: